Preparation and cooking: 45 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a 12-hole muffin or cupcake pan with patty cases.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
3. Combine flour and baking powder, then gradually add to batter, beating at low speed until smooth.
4. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until just melted. Gradually add to batter, beating until just combined. Divide the mixture into the prepared panand bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
5. STRAWBERRY FROSTING. Beat butter until pale, then add the icing sugar in 2 or 3 increments, beating well after each addition. Beat until light and fluffy, adding a dash of milk if needed. Mix in the strawberry sundae syrup and a drop of food
colouring. Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, then pipe rosettes onto the tops of each cupcake. Sprinkle with 100s and 1000s if desired.